IEU DIGITAL INNOVATION Telegram 4 April 2017
Our telegram headlines today*:
- Digital Europe by 2025: Commission launches video contest for young people +++
- EU Commission Answer - Digital literacy - E-000569/2017 +++
- EURELECTRIC Annual Convention and Conference - Session 2: Customers in a digital and electrified society +++
- EU Commission: New eGovernment factsheets just published +++
- Latest publications of Q&A by Creativity Works
- Will mandatory exceptions weakening technical protection measures (TPM) improve access to content?
- Do exceptions to copyright need to be harmonised across Europe to encourage innovation?
- Will the Commission’s proposed measures on the Value Gap prevent fans from uploading works?
- Will the Commission’s proposed measures on the Value Gap introduce a general obligation to monitor and filter content?
- Will the Commission’s proposed measures on the Value Gap introducing new obligations for user-upload services prevent start-ups from entering the market?
- Will broadening the scope of the review clause of the Geo-blocking regulation to audiovisual benefit consumers?
- Will broadening the scope of the Geo-blocking Regulation to cover copyright content benefit consumers?
- Could forcing cross-border access through legislation put an end to piracy?
- Will imposing cross-border access through legislation have an impact on the funding of content?
- How will imposing cross-border access through legislation affect the availability of content?
- Will the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions have an impact on the quality of content and on the final user experience?
- What market impact will the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin have on licensing of certain online transmissions?
- Does the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions guarantee contractual freedom?
- Does the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions respect territoriality?
- How will the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions affect the value of rights?
- Will the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions increase consumer choice?
- Will the proposed Regulation on Country of Origin licensing of certain online transmissions reduce transaction costs for cross-border licensing?
# DATA PROTECTION
- EP and ECR Motion for a resolution on the adequacy of the protection afforded by the EU-US Privacy Shield - B8-2017-0244
- EU Commission Answer - Belgian PNR proposal - E-009478/2016
- Österreich - EU-Ausschuss des Bundesrats: Neue technologische Entwicklungen machen Anpassung der e-Datenschutz-Richtlinie notwendig
- EU Commission Answer - Economic impact of cybercrime in the Union - E-009238/2016
# BIG DATA
- Big data: how to minimise risks while maximising benefits for all - European Economic and Social Committee
# TELECOM REGULATION
- Public consultation on the BEREC Medium-Term Strategy: deadline for contributions extended
- Amendments 209 - 299 - Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications - PE 602.731v01-00 - Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection
# MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS
- Uncovering new technologies from the Graphene Flagship at Mobile World Congress 2017 - The Digital Single Market Blog
- Subject files - Working Group on Labour market impacts of digitalisation and robotics - Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
- BEUC & EBU: Consumer groups and public broadcasters join forces to ensure Europeans get better cross-border access to TV and radio programmes
# FILM INDUSTRY
- The EU film industry travels to Vilnius Film Festival 2017
# EU COMMISSION REGISTER
- DG CNECT
- COMMISSION DECISION on the adoption of the work programme for 2017 for the Multimedia Actions serving as financing decision
# EU COUNCIL REGISTER
- St 7784 2017 Init Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council on the use of the 470-790 MHz frequency band in the Union (first reading) - Adoption of the legislative act
- Cm 2297 2017 Init Meeting of the Horizontal Working Party on Cyber Issues (cyber attaches)
- St 7930 2017 Init Minutes of the Informal Working Group on PNR (IWG PNR) Brussels, 7 March 2017